The first time I tried shrimp scampi was when my high school/college friend had me and a few other girls over for dinner one night. This was the group of friends that I would cook my “dinner parties” for during college. Well, the shrimp scampi was amazing, so I requested the recipe and have been making it ever since. My mom and sister love making this dish as well. It is extremely easy, fancy looking, and good. Enjoy!
Shrimp Scampi au Gratin
1 pound medium-sized fresh shrimp
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 tsp crushed oregano
Cracked black pepper
Optional: lemon wedges and parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Clean and devein shrimp. Place in 13 by 9 inch baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice.
3. Combine butter, crumbs, garlic, parsley, parmesan, oregano, and black pepper; spoon mixture over shrimp.
4. Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Place under broiler until crumb topping is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley, if desired.