I love quesadillas, but I like to make them at home rather than order them from a restaurant. In my opinion, restaurants put too much cheese, and not enough chicken and bell peppers in their quesadillas. So… here is my all-time favorite way to make chicken fajita quesadillas. I love the red and green bell peppers because they are loaded in vitamins A and C.
Start with an onion and red and green bell peppers and chop them into thick slices.
Saute onions and peppers in 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high heat until tender and starting to brown.
Assemble a flour tortilla with hot sauce, chicken, onions, peppers, and cheese.
Fold in half and smear each side of the tortilla with a thin layer of butter. Heat in skillet until golden brown on both sides.
Cut into wedges and enjoy! Top with sour cream, quacamole, or my favorite…more hot sauce!
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
Hot sauce (I like the hottest version)
Cheese (Monterey and Jack)
1. Chop onion and bell peppers into thick slices.
2. Heat skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Add chopped onions and peppers. Cook until tender, and starting to brown. Remove from skillet.
4. Assemble a tortilla with hot sauce, chicken, onions, peppers, and cheese. Fold tortilla in half and add a thin layer of butter on each side.
5. In the same skillet over medium heat, cook quesadilla on each side, or until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown; about 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and cut into wedges. Top with sour cream, quacamole, or hot sauce.