I love breakfast, especially breakfast for dinner. Tonight I made a Country French Omelette from Barefoot Contessa. It is extremely easy, and extremely good. You can put your favorite omelette toppings in it to make this your own. You may want to use sausage instead of bacon, but I know my husband sure wouldn’t eat it then. (There is a story behind this…. I accidently gave him food poisoning with expired Owens sausage. He still won’t eat it to this day! Ooops! Sorry!)
|Saute potatoes in skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.|
|Chop scallions and cooked bacon.|
|Pour egg mixture into hot skillet and sprinkle scallions, potatoes, and bacon on top. Place skillet in oven and bake for 6-8 minutes.|
|Cut into slices and serve immediately.|
Country French Omelette
1 tbsp olive oil
3 slices thick bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup unpeeled, yukon gold potatoes, diced
salt and pepper
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp green onions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Heat olive oil, add bacon, and cook until browned, not crisp. Remove from pan. (I cooked the bacon in the microwave instead…I think it is less greasy that way)
3. Cook potatoes over medium heat, 8-10 minutes, until tender and brown. Remove from pan.
4. Beat eggs, milk and 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a bowl.
5. Pour fat out of pan. Add butter – melt it on low. Pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle bacon, potatoes, green onions, and cheese on top.
6. Place in oven for 5-8 minutes. Do not overcook, or eggs will be rubbery.