Pink Salad is my husband, Matt’s absolute favorite gelatin salad. When Matt got swine flu, he requested his mom’s pink salad, so I drove over to Paula’s house to pick it up. Since then I’ve made this recipe on my own. Paula told me that it is super easy to make and you cannot mess it up. Feel free to use your favorite flavor of Jell-O. Matt loves black cherry and strawberry. I want to try orange Jell-O next time…however if I do this, I may need to change the name to “Orange Salad” haha 🙂 Enjoy!
2/3 cups of water
2/3 cups of sugar
6 oz of any flavor Jell-O (I used black cherry)
1 small can of pineapple
1 can of pears
8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 can Eagle Brand Milk
1. Boil water, sugar, and Jell-O together in a pan over high heat until dissolved.
2. In a food processor add 1 small can of pineapples and 1 can of pears (both drained). Process until fruit is smooth.
3. In an electric mixer, mix cream cheese, and 1 can of Eagle Brand Milk.
4. Pour processed fruit into cream cheese mixture and combine.
5. Add Jell-O to mixture and beat until well blended.
6. Pour Pink Salad into individual cups or a gelatin container and refrigerate until firm.