Seven-Layer Bars aka Magic Bars or Hello Dolly Bars are one of my all-time favorite desserts. Ever since a friend made them for me in high school, I have fallen in love with them. I love the graham cracker crust, the mix of coconut, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, topped off with the sweetened condensed milk. This time I was short of butterscotch chips, so I added white chocolate chips and some milk chocolate pieces. These always turn out amazing, are impossible to mess up. This recipe came from “The Gathering of Friends” cookbook by Michelle Huxtable and Alyse Christensen. Enjoy!
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (6 oz) package butterscotch chips
1 (6 oz) package chocolate chips
1 (7 oz) package shredded coconut
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in 9 x 13 inch pan.
3. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter and press into pan.
4. Layer butterscotch chips and chocolate chips over the crumbs.
5. Sprinkle coconut and nuts over chips.
6. Pour milk over mixture.
7. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Let cool, then cut into squares.