These are the best snickerdoodle cookies I’ve ever eaten! My mom made these yesterday and they are perfect! They are flat, chewy, and soft like a McAlister’s cookie 🙂 They come from White on Rice Couple blog. You’ve got to try these!
3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
1 cup (150 g) golden brown sugar
1/2 cup (100 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup (50 g) lard or shortening, room temperature
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 1/4 cup (300 g) flour
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup (100 g) cinnamon sugar mix (1 part cinnamon, 3 parts sugar ratio)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine sugars, butter, and shortening in a mixing bowl and cream until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt and mix until fully incorporated.
4. Sift flour, cream of tarter, baking soda, and cornstarch together and gently mix into butter mixture.
5. Put cinnamon sugar mix into a bowl.
6. Gently form dough into a small ball (about the size of a walnut) then roll in cinnamon sugar mix. Place balls on a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Make sure to give plenty of room between cookies since they spread quite a bit.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. They should be lightly golden. It is better to slightly under-bake than to over-bake.