This is my family’s most favorite pancake recipe. Pancakes are extremely easy and fast, especially if you use the instant pancake mix from Nigella Lawson. My dad would cook these every weekend for breakfast. If you want to make these pancakes a little thicker and richer, feel free to substitute buttermilk for milk. Enjoy!!!
Add 1 cup of pancake mix to large bowl.
Add 1 cup of milk.
Add 1 egg and 1 tbsp melted butter.
Whisk all ingredients together.
Heat griddle or large pan over medium-high heat. Swirl in a small amount of vegetable oil. Add pancake batter. Flip pancakes when they start to bubble.
Serve warm with maple syrup and crisp bacon.
Nigella’s Pancake Mix
4 cups flour
3 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp plus 2 tsp sugar
1. Mix the above ingredients and store in a jar.
Batter and Pancakes
1 cup Nigella Pancake Mix (see above recipe)
1 cup milk
1 tbsp butter, melted
vegetable oil (for the pan)
1. To make the pancakes, for each 1 cup of pancake mix, add and whisk together egg, milk, and butter.
2. Heat a flat griddle or pan over medium-high heat. Pour a small amount of vegetable oil in the pan and swirl in the pan.
3. Spoon drops of 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of batter onto the hot griddle and when bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip them over to make them golden brown on both sides. A minute or so a side should do it.
4. To keep pancakes warm before serving, place in 200 degree oven. Serve pancakes with maple syrup, fresh strawberries, and crisp bacon.
Yield: 15 pancakes about 3-inches in diameter