My Chocolate Chip Cookies (similar to McAlister’s Deli Chocolate Chip Cookie)
My Chocolate Chip Cookies (very similar to McAlister’s Deli Chocolate Chip Cookie)
2 1/4 cups (10.125 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and still warm
3/4 cup (5.25 ounces) granulated sugar
3/4 cup (5.25 ounces) packed brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips or chunks or hand-chopped chocolate
1. Combine the flour and baking soda in a bowl and mix together thoroughly with a whisk or fork.
2. In large bowl, combine the melted butter with the sugars, vanilla, and salt. Mix in the eggs. Stir in the flour mixture until just all the dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. If possible, let the dough stand for 1 to 2 hours, or (better still) overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
4. If necessary, remove the dough from the refrigerator to soften. Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough and place them 3 inches apart on the ungreased or lined cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown at the edges an no longer look wet on top. Rotate the pans from top to bottom and from front to back halfway through baking time to ensure even baking.
5. Remove from the oven and let the cookies firm up on the pan for 1 to 2 minutes. For unlined pans, use a metal spatula to transfer the cookies to racks to cool; for lined pans, set the pan or just the liners on racks. Cool completely before storing or stacking. May be kept in an airtight container for several days.
Yield: about 60 cookies
Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy Melt-In-Your-Mouth Cookies by Alice Medrich
Leave a Reply