Beat sugars with butter and shortening. Add eggs, then vanilla and almond extracts. On low speed, add flour mixture, beating until just blended. By hand fold in white chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
Slide parchment paper onto wire rack. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer cookies to cooling rack.
Let cool completely.
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 package (3.4 oz or 102 g) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1 1/2 cups chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped roasted unsalted macadamia nuts (I substituted pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined. Stir in coconut. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter, shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and almond extract. Scrape down sides of bowl. On low speed or using a wooden spoon, gradually add flour mixture, beating just until blended. By hand, fold in white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
4. Using a cookie scoop or spoons, drop tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of dough about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake one sheet at a time in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to turn lightly golden.
5. Immediately slide parchment paper onto a wire cooling rack. Cool cookies for 5 minutes, then transfer from parchment paper to cooling rack and cool completely.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies
400 Sensational Cookies by Linda J. Amendt
Leave a Reply