Cook the sliced bacon in a saute’ pan over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned.
Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, cream, cheese, and salt and pepper.
When bacon is browned, remove from skillet, and drain on a paper towel.
Pour out bacon fat, and then add the onions and peppers and cook until onion starts to brown and is tender, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the chopped spinach tomatoes, and mushrooms, and cook until spinach is just wilted, about 30 seconds more.
Return bacon to pan.
Pour egg mixture on top.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes (using a 10-inch skillet), or 15 to 20 minutes in an 8-inch skillet, or until eggs are just set.
Slice and serve.
1/4 pound bacon (4 slices), sliced crosswise into 1 inch slices
1 Tbsp. butter
1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
1 Tbsp. minced jalapeño pepper
2 mushrooms, chopped
1 Roma tomato, chopped and seeded
2 Tbsp. Red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 cup spinach, packed and coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. milk or cream ( we used cream)
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
4 oz. Swiss cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the sliced bacon in an 8-inch oven-proof saute’ pan over medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Drain the bacon on paper towels and discard the fat from the pan.
3. Add the butter to the pan, and then add the onion. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, or until the onion starts to brown. Add the jalapeño pepper, mushrooms, Roma tomato, and spinach for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together with a whisk. Stir in the scallions and shredded Swiss. Add the bacon back to the vegetable mixture in the saute’ pan and pour the egg mixture on top.
5. Place the pan in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes (or 12 minutes for a 10-inch oven-proof skillet), or until the omelet puffs and the eggs are almost cooked in the center. Serve hot directly from the pan.
Yield: 2-4 servings