2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 package (3.4 oz.) instant butterscotch pudding mix
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bow, whisk together flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Scrape down sides of bowl.
5. On low speed or using a wooden spoon, gradually add flour mixture, beating until just blended. By hand, fold in chocolate/butterscotch chips and nuts.
6. Using a cookie scoop or spoons, drop tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of dough about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake one sheet at a time in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to turn lightly golden.
7. Immediately slide parchment paper onto a wire cooking rack. Cool cookies for 5 minutes, then transfer from parchment paper to cooling rack and cool completely.
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies
Recipe adapted from: 400 Sensational Cookies by Linda J. Amendt