White Chocolate Puppy Chow
A few weeks ago Matt and I hosted a Super Bowl party at our house. Everyone brought finger foods and I of course made the desserts. I had been craving Puppy Chow and was going to make it the old-fashioned way with semi-sweet chocolate chips, but I had leftover Vanilla Flavored Almond Bark from making the White Chocolate-Dipped Oreos, so I thought I’d change it up a bit.
I actually made two batches of Puppy Chow: a regular chocolate version and a white chocolate version, and let me tell you…the white chocolate version blew the doors off the regular version!
I can’t believe you don’t see more recipes out there using white chocolate because it makes the Puppy Chow much sweeter and creamier! This will definitely be my go-to recipe in the future.
As was mentioned in my post yesterday, Skippy is one good dog! During the “photo shoot”, he sat there patiently awaiting a little bite.
Not only does Puppy Chow have the name “puppy”, it also contains peanut butter – Skippy’s favorite food of all time. 🙂
I ate waaaay too much of this stuff, but it was well worth it. Enjoy!
- 9 cups crispy rice cereal squares
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white chocolate
- 1½ cups confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated.
- Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container.
Leave a Reply