This is the best pasta I have ever eaten!!!! It is so easy to make and the flavors are just amazing! If you have a hard time finding chicken tortellini, use chicken ravioli instead or a three-cheese tortellini or ravioli blend. This recipe comes from the “Southern Living Farmers Market” cookbook. Everything we have tried in this cookbook has turned out perfectly. I would strongly recommend buying it. Enjoy!
Here I am using tortellini.
Chicken Tortellini with Asparagus
1 (20 oz) package refrigerated herb-and-chicken tortellini (I used Buitoni Chicken and Four Cheese Ravioli)
1 lb. fresh asparagus
1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 2 onions)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium-size red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 (10 oz) jar sun-dried tomato pesto
1/4 cup (1 oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
2 to 3 tbsp ripe black olives (optional)
1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions
2. Meanwhile, snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
3. Saute’ onions in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until softened.
4. Increase heat to medium-high, add asparagus and bell pepper, and saute’ 5 to 6 minutes.
5. Stir in pesto. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
6. Remove from heat; stir in pasta, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and if desired, sliced black olives. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings