Macadamia-Mango Chicken with Mango Salsa
This was one of the best grilled chicken recipes I’ve ever had. It’s especially good for the summer. The taste of mango is a cross between a pineapple and a peach. It adds a Caribbean style flavor to this grilled dish. So don’t be tempted to skip making the mango salsa. We made this meal and served it with Fresh Corn Cakes, Strawberry Spinach Salad, Watermelon, and Cherry Pineapple Pecan Cobbler. This comes from the Southern Living “Farmers Market Cookbook”. It is a great cookbook, and everything we have tried has been excellent. Enjoy!
We had too many things cooking in the kitchen, so all I have is the finished chicken pictures.
Grilled chicken in marinade.
The plated Macadamia-Mango Chicken with Mango Salsa
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
6 skinned and boneless chicken breasts
3 tbsp macadamia nuts, chopped
Mango Salsa * recipe below
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish or a zip-top plastic freezer bag; add chicken. Cover or seal, and chill for 1 hour, turning once.
2. Preheat grill to 350 to 400 degrees (medium-high). Remove chicken from marinade, and discard marinade.
3. Grill, covered with lit, over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done.
4. Sprinkle evenly with nuts. Serve with Mango Salsa.
Yield: 6 servings
1 mango, peeled and chopped (1 1/2 cups chopped jarred refrigerated mango may be substituted)
1/3 cup diced red onion
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1. Stir together all ingredients.
2. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Yield: about 1 1/2 cups
Leave a Reply