This was the first time I’ve made chicken spaghetti, let alone try it! I had my in-laws over for dinner, and this recipe was a hit! It is great for a lot of people, very easy to make, and delicious. I used Ree Drummond’s Chicken Spaghetti recipe from her blog, The Pioneer Woman Cooks.
Cook chicken on stovetop in water over medium-low heat for about 30-40 minutes, covered. Cut chicken into cubes.
Measure out 3 cups of dry pasta, broken into 2 inch pieces. Cook pasta in same chicken broth until al dente.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except for the 1 cup additional cheese.
Add bell peppers and onions.
Add chicken and pimentos.
Add can of mushroom and can of chicken soup.
Add Lawry’s seasoning, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Pour into casserole dish, top with remaining cheese, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly.
Serve hot. Enjoy!
2 cups Cooked Chicken
3 cups Dry Spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup Finely Diced Green Pepper
1/4 cup Finely Diced Onion
1 jar (4 oz) Diced Pimentos, drained
2 cups reserved chicken broth from pot
1 tsp Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
1/8 tsp (to 1/4 tsp) Cayenne Pepper
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 cup additional Grated Sharp Cheddar
1. Cook chicken in dutch oven on stovetop over medium-low until chicken is done, about 30-40 minutes.
2. Cook spaghetti in same chicken broth until al dente. Do not overcook.
3. When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar. Don’t forget to add the 2 cups of reserved chicken broth from pot.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar. Cover and freeze for up to 6 months, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days, or bake immediately at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly.
Leave a Reply