Wow! This is the best garlic bread I have ever had! The garlic-olive oil mixture reminds me a lot of Carrabba’s Italian Bread they serve at the table. The oregano, parsley, and garlic are so fragrant with the combination of the tasty and rich olive oil. I must warn you though…you’ll have garlic breath for the rest of the evening! haha 🙂 Enjoy! This is a crowd pleaser!
This recipe is from Ina Garten’s “Back to Basics Cookbook”.
Garlic Ciabatta Bread
Recipe from: Ina Garten
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup good olive oil
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until minced. Add the parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper and pulse twice.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan and add the garlic mixture. Remove pan from the heat.
- Slice the ciabatta bread in half horizontally, and spread the butter on 1 half. Spread the garlic mixture on the other half of the bread, and put the halves together. Wrap the bread in aluminum foil.
- Place the bread in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Open the foil, and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes.