This is one of my husband’s absolute favorites now, especially since the sauce tastes like alfredo. It was actually one of my favorite dishes growing up, and I remember dishing myself out not only seconds, but thirds everytime I ate this. It is super easy to make and even the pickiest of eaters should like it. I like to add mushrooms and peas to make it a little healthier.
|Boil the spaghetti.|
|Meanwhile, make the sauce by melting the butter and adding salt, pepper, flour, chicken broth and heavy cream.|
|Bring sauce to a boil and cook 1 minute longer.|
|After the sauce thickens, stir in the cooked chicken, mushrooms, and peas.|
|Add the spaghetti.|
|Pour into an ungreased baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, uncovered at 350 degrees F.|
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ package (of a 12 oz package) spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups chicken, cooked, cubed and drained
- 1 can (3oz) mushrooms, drained
- ¼ cup frozen peas (I didn't measure, so you put in the amount you desire)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large pan. Add flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in broth, and cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 more minute.
- Stir in spaghetti, chicken, mushrooms, and peas.
- Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until bubbly. Place under broiler for a few minutes to brown.
Leave a Reply