I call these “Jolene’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies” because everytime I visit my aunt, she makes them for me.
These along with the Neiman Marcus cookies are my favorite chocolate chip cookies in the world! Unlike the Neimans cookies, these have ground oatmeal in them, some nuts, and a milk chocolate candy bar.
The original recipe makes 112 cookies, but I fourthed the recipe and made about 2 dozen cookies.
Enjoy! You won’t be disappointed! 🙂
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1¼ cup oatmeal, grind in a food processor until fine powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 2 oz hershey bar, chopped into chunks
- ¾ cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar with electric mixer
- Add egg and vanilla
- Mix together flour, ground oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture
- Stir in chocolate chips, chopped hershey bar, and chopped nuts
- Make golf ball sized cookies spaced 2 inches apart on parchment-lined or silpat cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.