This is the most delicious Pecan Pie I have ever tasted! I visited relatives in Houston, Texas this weekend, and tried my cousin’s homemade Toffee Chocolate Pecan Pie that she made for Thanksgiving dessert and I fell in love with it. This pie is different than your typical Chocolate Pecan Pie because of the wonderful addition of toffee pieces throughout. It makes for an extremely rich, sweet, and gooey pie that is irresistable.
I highly recommend you make this! It comes out of the Houston Junior League Cookbook, which I need to buy myself. Enjoy and you’ll have to try it!
Toffee Chocolate Pecan Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
4 ounces chocolate-covered toffee bars, chopped (3 bars) (Optional: Heath toffee chips)
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup light corn syrup
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup pecans, coarsely, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cover bottom of a 9-inch pie crush with chopped chocolate-covered toffee bars.
3. Combine eggs, corn syrup, butter, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
4. Pour mixture over broken chocolate-covered toffee bars in pie crust.
5. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until done.
Yield: 8 servings
Stop and Smell the Rosemary: Recipes and Traditions to Remember – A Cookbook by the Junior League of Houston, Inc.