- Light brown sugar
- Dark brown sugar
- Granulated sugar.
The brown sugar makes the cookie chewy, and the touch of dark brown sugar adds a slight caramel flavor.
|After making the dough, roll into balls.|
|Bake for 9-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.|
Chewy Chocolate Mini Chip Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. coarse sea salt
1 (12 oz.) bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Cream butter and sugars together in a stand mixer for about 2 minutes on medium speed, until fluffy and light. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until incorporated.
2. Turn mixer on low and add in flour, baking powder and soda and coarse sea salt.
3. Mix on low until evenly incorporated.
4. Stir in all chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
5. Cover dough with cling wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 48 hours.
6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
7. Use a 2-3 Tbsp. cookie scoop and place dough 2 inches apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Do this carefully, as the cookies might not be completely set in the center.
*Note: These cookies might seem a bit underdone in the center when you take them out of the oven, but once they cool, they will set up nicely. If you prefer a more “done” cookie, increase the baking time 1-2 minutes.
Yield: 24 cookies
Recipe from: Cookies and Cups